As per Ministerial direction, the program for single-use batteries will wind up today, June 30, 2020.
Stakeholders can find extensive wind up details outlined in the approved MHSW Wind Up Plan. A summary of key dates is below.
Key dates for stewards:
June 30, 2020: Single-use battery program terminates.
- July 31, 2020: Final supply report for Q2 data (April 1-June 30, 2020) due.
- August 31, 2020: Final 2020 supply report adjustment requests due.
- September 30, 2020: Q3 invoice and Annual True Up (ATU) issued.
- October 31, 2020: Q3 invoice payment due.
Key dates for municipalities and service providers:
- June 30, 2020: Single-use battery program terminates.
- Materials collected by June 30, 2020 are eligible for transportation and processing incentives.
- Municipalities are eligible for single-use battery related incentives (depot hours and collection events).
- All Orange Drop branding should be removed from collection sites.
- Battery depot hour payments end.
- July 15, 2020: Deadline for pick-up of single-use batteries that were collected by June 30, 2020.
- August 31, 2020: Final submission deadline for municipal and service provider incentive claims.
Please visit the MHSW Wind Up webpage for all information related to the implementation of the approved MHSW Wind Up Plan and materials from our recent single-use battery program wind up steps webinar: StewardshipOntario.ca/MHSW-WindUp.
Questions related to the wind up of the single-use battery program can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For information related to the new single-use battery framework and regulations, please visit the Resource Productivity and Recovery Authority’s website.