A range of resources is available to inform and assist stewards in meeting their steward obligations.
Guidebook for Stewards: The Guidebook is the definitive source for steward information, providing information for packaging and printed paper stewardship programs in Ontario, British Columbia, Saskatchewan and Manitoba. The Guidebook is available as a pdf file and in an interactive format.
Rules, Policies and Forms
- Stewardship Ontario Blue Box Rules – Adjusted for Simplified Fee Setting
- Policy for Simplified Steward Fee Setting
- Stewardship Ontario Onboarding Policy
- Dispute Resolution Policy
- Policy for Steward-Initiated Adjustment Requests (within adjusted Rules)
- Voluntary Steward Policy
- Primary Contact Policy
- Penalty and Interest Policy
- Primary Contact Authorization Form
- Adjustment Request Form
- Adjustment Request Worksheet
- Voluntary Steward Agreement
Reporting Hub: The Hub provides online, searchable access of tips for various business types, product information for common packaging with their material categories and FAQs about reporting.
Steward Lists: Lists make it easier for retailers and other first importers to identify which suppliers’ packaging and paper to include or exclude from their reports. Information on how to use the lists is available here and the current Stewardship Ontario list is available here.