We invite Ontario Blue Box Program stakeholders to participate in our upcoming Blue Box Wind Up Plan consultation webinars. We will be hosting three webinar consultations, focused primarily on matters affecting specific stakeholder groups during wind up.
- 9:30 – 11:30 a.m.: Steward community
- 1:00 – 3:00 p.m.: Municipalities, First Nations communities and the waste management industry
Wednesday, April 8, 2020
- 1:00 – 3:00 p.m.: Environment non-government organizations and other stakeholders
Please visit the Blue Box Wind Up webpage to learn more and register.
The consultation webinars will be an opportunity to review and comment on how Stewardship Ontario intends to implement the Minister of Environment, Conservation and Parks (MECP) direction outlined in his wind up letter issued on August 15, 2019, including:
- Demonstrating transparency and meaningful consultation;
- Supporting competition and preventing conflict of interest;
- Demonstrating fairness to stewards and protecting consumers; and
- Maintaining program performance.
- The proposed process and timelines for transition and related costs;
- The proposed approach to ensure continuity of funding for municipalities;
- Anticipated changes to the method Stewardship Ontario is proposing to determine steward fees during transition; and
- How reserve funds will be applied to offset wind up costs and steward fees.
We look forward to you joining us in April. If you have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.