MHSW PROGRAM PLAN for the Orange Drop Program (SEPTEMBER 2012) AND CONSULTATION REPORT
To view the latest draft of the MHSW Program Plan, updated in April 2013, click here.
MHSW PROGRAM PLAN for the Orange Drop Program DRAFT FOR CONSULTATION, AUGUST 23, 2012
The revised MHSW Program Plan consultation took place on Thursday, August 23, 2012 at the Doubletree Hotel near Toronto Pearson Airport.
The consultation was well attended by over 120 stakeholders and described Stewardship Ontario’s approach to the operation of the revised MHSW Program Plan for the Orange Drop Program to ensure that stakeholders are familiar with the revised plan to enable them to provide feedback.
- Webcast (you will need to log in with the email address you used to register)
- Today’s presentation
- Discussion Document
- MHSW Program Plan for the Orange Drop Program draft for consultation
- MHSW Material Definitions
- Questions and Answers raised during the consultation
ORANGE DROP PROGRAM INFORMATION WEBCAST, JULY 13, 2012
- PowerPoint slides used during the session
- Revised definitions and tables referred to during the session
- Watch the webcast (you will need to log in with the email address you used to register)
- Question and Answers from the webcast
MHSW STEWARD INFORMATION SESSIONS ON REGULATION 11/12 – MARCH 2012
On March 6 and 7, 2012, Stewardship Ontario held five information sessions on Ontario Regulation 11/12 , the amendment to Regulation 542/06, which changes the way Stewardship Ontario must recover the cost of managing the Orange Drop Program (MHSW) on behalf of Ontario businesses.
Effective April 1, 2012, Regulation 11/12 requires Stewardship Ontario to recover material deficits, as well as ongoing Orange Drop (MHSW) operating costs on a steward proportionate share basis rather than on the familiar unit/volume basis commonly associated with product stewardship programs across Canada:
For material-specific information about performance to target, cost per tonne, the accumulated deficit and how it will be calculated please refer to the appropriate material presentation below:
- Oil Containers and Filters
- Paints and Coatings
- Pressurized Containers
- Single-Use Dry Cell Batteries