Blue Box Session on 2012 Fees Schedule and Revised Rules – Held on October 18, 2011
Event Details: Thank you to all who attended the Oct. 18th session on the 2012 Fee Schedule and Rules. To access the event archives and other relevant materials, please see the links below.
- Webcast presentation (To access the webcast, you will have to register or enter your email address – then click on the “Watch Now” button)
- 2012 Revised Rules and Fee Schedule PowerPoint presentation
- Recommended 2012 Blue Box Rules
- 2012 Fee Calculation Tables
- 2012 Fee Calculation Tables (Revised): Please note that the Fee Schedule (Sheet 4) has been revised to include the deficit recovery fee for old corrugated cardboard, old box board and “other plastics”. Please refer to the Session Q&A document (link below) for a detailed explanation about the application of the deficit recovery fee.
- Session Q&A
Dialogue on the Blue Box Program – held on September 14, 2011
Stewardship Ontario held a Dialogue on the Blue Box Program where stewards and stakeholders had the opportunity to learn about the key cost drivers that will influence operation of the 2012 Blue Box Program and engage in a discussion about proposed changes to the Blue Box Rules designed to make the process fairer, clearer and more consistent with Quebec and Manitoba.
An important dialogue about proposed changes to the Blue Box Rules that will:
- Provide clear guidance on steward reporting requirements
- Reduce “free riding” and ensure a fairer allocation of administrative and compliance related costs
- Improve data accuracy that translates into ever-more precise calibration of stewardship fees to program costs
- Harmonize processes and protocols with other jurisdictions.
This year Stewardship Ontario conducted a comprehensive review of the Blue Box Rules to determine how they can better promote fairness and clarity in the reporting process. This process was informed by discussions with members of the steward community. A discussion paper setting out the key objectives and findings of our Rules review will be distributed to stewards in advance of the September 14th session. Your participation and input into our discussion on September 14th will be critical to the success of the 2012 Blue Box Program.
- Blue Box Program September Dialogue Webcast
- Blue Box Program September Dialogue, 2011 PowerPoint Presentation
* NOTE – to view the webcast, you will have to enter your email address or register on the login page
Blue Box Fee Setting Methodology Consultation Session – Held on May 26, 2011
Stewardship Ontario held a consultation session to review the fee setting methodology on May 26, 2011. By participating, stewards ensured that their questions, concerns and ideas would be taken into account by Stewardship Ontario as possible changes to the methodology are being considered.
Presentation slides: Blue Box Fee Setting Methodology PowerPoint Presentation
Webcast: Blue Box Fee Setting Methodology Consultation Session
Briefing Materials: Review of Fee Setting Model: Discussion Notes for Consultation Session
Report: Draft Kelleher Report
Consultation Session: Research on Recycling Composite Paper Packaging Information (Blue Box Program)
Stewardship Ontario recently completed a study on composite paper packaging in North America and would like to share the results with all stewards of gable top, aseptic and paper laminant packaging. The study was commissioned based on steward feedback regarding disaggregating composite paper packaging categories during Stewardship Ontario’s 2010 fee setting consultation.
Consultations were held on:
April 26, 2011 – focus on gable top and aseptic packaging
April 27, 2011 – focus on paper laminant packaging