March 25 Stewardship Ontario Communication issued to Blue Box stewards – Update Regarding Fee Setting Methodology Consultation
On March 25, 2014, Stewardship Ontario issued the below communication to Blue Box stewards containing a link to a document titled: Enhancing the Fairness of the Fee Setting Methodology for Packaging and Printed Paper.
On March 20, 2014 Stewardship Ontario held a consultation to discuss potential changes to the fee setting methodology with the objective of enhancing its fairness for all stewards. The detailed technical briefing has caused some confusion in the steward community, particularly the use of 2013 fee rates, which were shown for illustrative purposes only and were not intended to be interpreted as recommended fees. Therefore, to assist stewards to understand the proposed options from a principled perspective, we have developed the attached note to better explain the proposed change options in the context of the fee setting methodology’s original principles and the three-factor formula. We have also included the consultation questions in the attached note for your convenience.
We look forward to receiving your feedback. Should you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us on 1-888-980-9549 or email: WeRecycle@stewardshipontario.ca
March 20 – Fee Setting Methodology Information Session
On March 20, Stewardship Ontario held an information session to examine the way fees will be set for 2015, and to present a new option on how we propose to calculate fees for 2015.
Materials from webinar:
Preparing Your 2014 Steward Reports Webinar – March 20, 2014
On March 20, 2014, CSSA held a webinar to provide businesses participating in packaging and printed paper stewardship programs in British Columbia, Saskatchewan, Manitoba and Ontario with information to help in the preparation and submission of 2014 reports both nationally and for individual programs.
Materials from webinar:
Topics covered during the webinar:
- New reporting tools to assist you with reporting – including an online national reporting guidebook and a user guide for the WeRecycle Reporting Portal; all designed to help simplify and streamline the reporting process
- National material list for stewards that prefer to report against a single, harmonized list for multiple jurisdictions
- Reporting tips for preparing your 2014 report
- Voluntary steward registration deadlines
- Membership Agreement for MMBC and MMSW stewards
- WeRecycle Reporting Portal updates and refine
If you have any questions, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-888-980-9549.