You register with Stewardship Ontario on the WeRecycle Steward Reporting System. Please click on New Here? Register Now on the WeRecycle homepage.
Please register even if your company falls below the revenue-based reporting threshold of $2 million gross revenue into Ontario. Companies that register will be able to declare whether they fall below the reporting threshold and are therefore not obligated to report.
Please do not register with Stewardship Ontario unless you determine that you are a resident in Ontario and supply designated packaging and printed materials into Ontario.
To register on Stewardship Ontario’s reporting portal, WeRecycle, you will need to provide the following five pieces of information:
- Name and contact information for your primary contact and billing contact. A primary contact is the person who is authorized to act on behalf of your company with respect to its legal obligations. A billing contact is authorized to review invoices (a second copy will be sent to the primary contact).
- Full legal company name, address and contact information.
- Confirmation that your company has a permanent establishment in Ontario and therefore is resident in Ontario.
- Ability and authorization to answer if your organization or company is a brand owner or first importer of products whose packaging and/or printed material are managed through the Ontario residential waste system.
- Ability and authorization to answer if your organization or company, and its affiliates’/subsidiaries,’ combined gross Ontario revenue was less than or greater than $2 million for each year that you are obligated to report.
Once registered, you will receive an e-mail with the information you need to login to WeRecycle.